Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bridal Shower with A Touch of PEACOCK!

My BFF is getting married this November, and we get to fly to tropical Jamaica for the festivities!! Thank you Angie & Shawn.  What is so exciting for me is that I get to be her Matron of Honour.  With such a duty comes hosting the Bridal Shower (yippee!!)  Needless to say,  I was thrilled to tackle the task.  Angie's wedding will be a Peacock theme.  This means her colours will be Purple, Green and Teal.  Such a pretty combination when all put together.  I actually am going to order my dress today!!  Here are some photos from our wonderful afternoon.  The custom paper details such as the pretzel cones, waterbottles, signage, and cupcake toppers were created by yours truly.  I cannot wait to post some wedding photos as soon as I can :)






A special thanks to http://www.bakerella.com/ for this idea!  My brother Eric and his partner Mckayla bought me Bakerella's book for my birthday and I plan to have SOO much fun with it.  How cute are these??



Thank you to my Husband Larry for helping me cut all the ribbon for my Kabobs :)
I love dryed Hydrangea.  I have 3 large bushes at my house and once the flowers start to turn green and dry out, I spray paint them.  The bouquets worked really nice with Angie's theme.

I had an old gold frame in my basement.  Once I got started with that spray paint - I did not stop!  Next on my list was the old gold frame.  Turned out pretty good, although my grass in the backyard is not looking so green anymore!



I found these coloured straws at Ikea and they were also the perfect colours!







Credits:
Photos: Frosted & Fabulous
Baked Goods: Frosted & Fabulous (with inspiration from www.bakerella.com) 
Logo Design: For The Modern Bride
Custom Printables: Frosted & Fabulous

6 comments:

  1. You did such and amazing job!!! I love all the colors and there is so much variety...Thumbs up girl!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a real talent, Crystal. Would love to know how you made the cake pops. Also where you get most of your supplied (cupcake & pretzel holders, etc. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous (I wish I knew your name!) - A fabulous baker provides tutorials on how to make cake pops if you are interested - her website is http://www.bakerella.com/category/pops-bites/cake-pops/

    She has books published on her AMAZING cake pop ideas! I have one and it provides step by step instructions. Its fun to try new things with them and give then your own little twist. They take some practice but are really not hard! Give them a try and let me know how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also - I get most of my supplies at Michaels (craft store). I do tend to stock up while in the states b/c i seem to find awesome deals there :( I wish we had a Christmas Tree Store!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute party! Great ideas and such cute colors! Great job!
    ~Lindsay
    www.easymadeinvitations.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fantastic party, great job! Love the cupcake pops :)
    Congrat!, oh and have fun in Jamaica!

    ReplyDelete